Friday 8 April 2011

Trinity
I took the image 'Trinity' or 'Clouds of Glory' that is in the previous post on a Sunday morning in March, when Cyclone Carlo was poised off the coast of Western Australia. We are desperate for rain, and hoped Carlo would bring us some - not destructive winds or floods the eastern states have had, just a day of soft, soaking rain, the kind we used to have.

The morning was quite dark, the clouds rather menacing, but such a magnificent display that I had to break out the new camera that was sitting beside me, asking to be used.  I took a number of shots from slightly different angles and was pleased I had captured the shapes and shades and angles of the clouds.

It was not until I got home and uploaded the photos onto the computer that I noticed that one of them had caught the three waterbirds heading east into the rising sun, their wings forming three crosses on the turbulent clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment